The High School Online Application
Applications due Friday, Dec. 14 at 5 p.m.
Results are now available.
The High School Online Application is a web-based application that incoming students in grades 9 and 10 must use to apply to all DCPS specialized high schools:
- Banneker Senior High School
- Columbia Heights Education Campus
- Duke Ellington School of the Arts
- McKinley Technology High School
- Phelps Architecture, Construction, and Engineering High School
- School Without Walls Senior High School
The specialized high school application process has four steps:
- The online application becomes available on Nov.16, 2012.
- Between Nov. 16 and Dec.14 applicants complete and submit their online applications. During this time, students will be asked to rank their school choices in order of preference. Click here to learn more about the ranking process.
- Specialized schools will review submitted applications. Applicants can expect to be contacted directly by the specialized schools to schedule entrance exams, interviews, and auditions.
- Between December 14, 2012 and March 15, 2013, students are permitted to change the order of their school rankings. However, they will not be able to change any other portion of their submitted application.
- On March 22, 2013, applicants will be able to log in to the application to view their results. Results will be mailed home, along with enrollment forms, around April 1, 2013.
- Students must submit completed enrollment packets (including residency verification documents) to secure their seats by May 1, 2013.
The application became available on Nov. 16, 2012.
Sign up to receive an alert when the application becomes available.