The six-member Health Reform Implementation Committee (HRIC) comprises the directors of District government agencies that have been working steadily on various aspects of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, and the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010.
The HRIC has six subcommittees that focus on various aspects of health reform in the District. A link to documents and information from each of these subcommittees is included below.
- Communications Subcommittee: Responsible for supporting communications efforts related to health reform in the District
- Exchange Operation Subcommittee: Responsible for issues related to the District’s Health Benefit Exchange operations, including the Navigator program and financial sustainability.
- Health Delivery System Subcommittee: Responsible for issues related to integration of prevention into the delivery system, patient safety, quality of care improvement, health care delivery options, and manpower training.
- Insurance Subcommittee: Responsible for issues related to the insurance market in the District, including those associated with the District’s Health Benefit Exchange.
- IT Subcommittee: Responsible for the District’s new health and human services IT system, including a new consolidated eligibility system and all functions for the District’s Health Benefit Exchange.
- Medicaid Expansion and Eligibility Subcommittee: Responsible for issues related to Medicaid expansion, as well as eligibility and enrollment for existing and new insurance affordability programs in the District.